Monday, July 14, 2008

Summer Fun








Hello, world! Have had a busy couple of weeks! We had a fun July 4th weekend that included the parade with all of my sister's family and her in-laws and my mom and then had a fun visit with Simon's mom and sister. We had another mixed family celebration and watched the fireworks in the back of my dad's pick-up truck. How very festive of us! We have also been going to the pool a lot on the weekends. It is a little hard for me with my kids being in such different developmental stages to take them by myself so we make it a fun family outing. There is a new water park close by and Max loves it! Maddy even got to go for a ride on the lazy river and seemed relaxed by it. Max and Maddy are so sweet these days. Max has his typical two moments but bounces back from them pretty quickly. Maddy is usually so smiley and really LOVES to laugh at her brother. It is about the cutest thing I have ever seen. She had her 4-month check-up today and weighs a whopping 13 pounds and 11 ounces! She's in the 75% for weight and 50-75% for length. That's my girl! She is having a hard night but we are pumping her full of the good stuff (aka Infant Tylenol) every four hours! Both of my kids will be bigger than me before I know it. They love to "share" toys lately; which really translates into Max wanting any toy that Maddy is playing with. It can be a bit of a problem but provides some "teachable moments" for Max to practice his compassion and sharing - two skills that will serve him well as he heads off to school in the fall! He is a bit of a shy guy in social situations so I think it will be very good for him. I have started back to work VERY part-time, as in right now I have two patients on Monday afternoons. It is really nice because it gets me out of the house for a little while, I get to retain some of my brain cells and put my college education to good use, I bring in a little extra green (which always helps with two little ones in diapers :0 )), and Simon has Mondays off. It gives him some quality Daddy time with the kids and helps him appreciate what I do all day long. Today Max took a short nap and he said it was hard to get anything done with both of them awake. Gee, really? Okay, I will try to post some pic's now and write more later!




3 comments:

talk3talk4 said...

HI! Mrs.Chan...I am Robert...I found your blog in random...and I am glad because I enjoyed reading about families and your's is one happy wholesome family.

I am a family man.

I can also be found at talk3talk4.deviantART.com

Hope we can be blog buddy.

~Erin said...

Sara, I'm so glad you are blogging! I've always thought you would be great at it. I love the pictures and I can't believe how big the kids are getting. Looking forward to reading lots more :)

mimi said...

Love the pics! Sara, you are a natural writer. Great job. mimi