I have often said that I speak most eloquently in the dialect of ink. Writing is the filter through which I process my world. I am not gifted in the art of photography - no beautiful photographs here. What I am unable to capture through a camera lens, I strive to convey via the view of my mind's eye as a wordsmith. I enjoy the challenge of painting images through well-spun words. While I may be typing in text versus scrawling in script, I consider myself a bit of an old soul; hence the blog title. There is something simply satisfying, and yet hugely humbling in the kinesthetic experience of spilling my thoughts on paper and presenting them as some sort of significant offering to be consumed by the eyes of others. My goal is not grammatical perfection, but rather, authentic expression. Know that the words found here are the genuine forth-pouring of my heart. My hope, dear reader, is that within these stories you find some sliver of inspiration. May you behold the bodies of these texts and glean small bits of joy. Whether it be a quick mental excursion, or the lifting of fallen spirits that brings you here, I pray you will find a rest in your soul as you wander through my words.
No comments:
Post a Comment