Sunday, June 29, 2008

BLOGGER

Hello, world! I finally have a blog! Simon thinks that since I am home all day just sitting around twiddling my thumbs that I should have a site to publish all of the mundane happenings of our crazy little life. Though probably not enthralling enough for our own reality TV series, life with two children ages 2 and under definitely keeps us on our toes! Max is definitely two but is super sweet most of the time. It is so exciting to see how his little mind is starting to make sense of things. He has started saying his own prayers. It is about the cutest thing ever. I prompt him by saying "Thank You, Jesus for...". Well, he usually rattles off a stream of relatives, usually NOT including yours truly but tonight the first thing he was thankful for was the rain! That blew me away. Ah, the beauty of childlike faith. As new and exciting as his world is everyday, he is able to be focused on thanking God for his blessings without all of the worldly distractions getting in the way. Maddy is almost four months old and she is one chunky monkey! She just started rolling from her stomach to her back. A little later than Max did but I actually think it to be quite amazing and miraculous considering that she is on her stomach for all of about ten minutes every day. Her tummy time is limited since I still feel like I have to guard her with my life from her seemingly well intended big brother who is still trying to wrap his head around love me tender, love me true! It can be a little "Of Mice and Men-ish" at times but for the most part, he loves his little sister and tries to be a genuine helper. Maddy is about the sweetest creature on the planet. God really has me spoiled! She already sleeps at the same time as Max for their afternoon nap. They both usually sleep for two hours almost simultaneously and it is quite wonderful to have a few moments to recoup during the day with no little ones who need tending to. She smiles at anyone who will look her way and the more you smile back, the bigger the grin gets. I love it! Alright, I hate to admit it but I am starting to see the appeal to this blog thing! It is actually semi-therapeutic to regurgitate all of the daily/weekly events on a site for all the world to see. It feels good just to free up some space in my mind. Maybe I will actually get some of my short-term memory back! Hope everyone is well. Enjoy the site. If any of you seasoned bloggers have any suggestions on how I can do this better, let me know! Love, Sara

1 comment:

Ronnie Chan said...

Dear Sara, Simon,

Congratulations on your first blog and we are excited to catch up with the Chan Gang.

Max and Maddy are so cute and precious, a good reflection of your tender loving care. Don't you know they have this special gift of bringing a smile on people's face? It works on me anytime when I see them or just thinking of them.

Take good care!
Ronnie